Tuesday, May 1, 2012

And so it begins

My son writes a blog and I enjoyed reading it so much I decided to start one myself. I have no illusions that anyone will follow it, and that's fine with me.  At this point I don't really have a "blog mission", I just thought it would be fun to write down some of the random thoughts I have about the world I live in.

I decided to call my blog "And so it goes ..." for a variety of reasons.  Mostly I have liked the phrase ever since I heard Linda Ellerbee use it, many years ago, as the closing to her news broadcast every night.  But I like the sense that what is being communicated is a snapshot of life or a comment on a current topic, but really has no greater intrinsic meaning than what I am thinking about at a moment in time.  There is no common tread being developed or explored, so each post is intended to stand on it's own.

I had forgotten that Billy Joel wrote and sings a song with this title, but I listened to it today and decided it will be a fitting theme song.  I also noticed that about a dozen other blogs and at least two books share this name.  Again this seems fitting because nothing I intend to blog will be completely original thought or require a unique setting to be appreciated.

So, I guess what I am confessing is that my title is pretty blatant plagerism.  Of course, most of my blogs will lack originality as well.  If you happen upon my blog, and obviously you already have, let me know what you think.....unless you really hate it, then just don't come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment